Thursday 11 August 2016

Channelling my inner lazy b&*tard!

I could get used to this phased return lark.  4 hours work and the rest of the day at my leisure until the kids get back from their holiday club with S.   Today I planned it so that I went back to bed after they left this morning at 8, and had a blissful 2 hour lie in.  Then spent an hour playing Pokemon and Sim City and surfing Facebook and BBC sport to find out what has been happening in the Olympics.   We seem to be doing rather well in the medal haul - we won gold in the Mens 3m synchronised diving, which was amazing to watch - how they manage to negotiate all of those twists and tumbles before going into the water is just incredible.  Many of the divers are quite easy on the eye too....  

I'm now in the middle of my 4 hours work for today, and just taking a break.  Today I'm finding lazy very appealing indeed...  not really my forte usually but I was tired after the first 3 days of this week (combination of starting work, perhaps doing a bit too much in the time I'm not working, unlike today, and not sleeping brilliantly), and this morning I felt really up for a lazy day.  Of course being a mum, I have sorted out the kitchen, put the dishwasher on, done some of the washing and drying, tidied up... 

Tomorrow I will be half way through my cardiac rehab - it is going well, although we are struggling to find things that get my heart rate up enough at the moment - I'm upping the level I'm working at each time but it is only the stepper that gets my heart rate over 100, so another increase in level on the rest of the exercises tomorrow.  At this rate I'll be running by the end of the programme, and I couldn't do that before.  

After the cardiac rehab tomorrow I am going to have my eyes tested and hopefully get some new glasses as I'm not keen on the frames I have at the moment and I'm really hoping I can find some that I like the look of.  I generally hate wearing glasses and I think I look rubbish in them - I wish I was one of those people that could rock the speccy look, but I think they just make me look old and fat.  I am old and fat, but I don't think they do me any favours lets say...

Right, back onto report writing for the rest of the afternoon, and then chaos will resume in the house when the boys get back - they want to go for a bike ride this evening, but it will depend on if we have time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment